Find more information on Eau Claire’s Historic Banbury Place!
About Historic Banbury Place
Banbury place is a 1.9 million square foot mixed use facility in downtown Eau Claire on the banks of the Eau Claire River, offering space for lease to tenants from 150 square feet up to 80,000 sq. ft. and more. The facility is a former tire factory which ceased operations in 1992 and was then restored and repurposed to serve a wide variety of tenants from heavy manufacturing to apartment homes.
Space for lease includes heavy industrial, light manufacturing, service space, offices, art studios, heated storage, warehousing, retail shops, apartment buildings, and more. The site features a full service restaurant, a daycare center, a fitness center, and professional conference rooms available to the community and to tenants. Freight elevators, loading docks, overhead doors, overhead cranes, and other manufacturing amenities are available on-site. Walking paths, plentiful parking, and many other on-site amenities make Banbury Place an excellent location for your business expansion.
Visitors often ask about the name, Banbury. Banbury is the brand name of an industrial mixer named for inventor Fernley H. Banbury. Internal batch mixers such as the Banbury mixer are used for mixing or compounding rubber and plastics. The original design dates back to 1916 and Banbury mixers were in place when the facility operated as Uniroyal Goodrich Tire Company. The Banbury mixers continue to be in place and are now operated by American Phoenix, Inc. in their product manufacturing process.